Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Diggin’ the Scots


Fair Isle prints are everywhere this winter. D&G, Rag and Bone, and Max Mara all showed them on the runways…not to mention every magazine and site imaginable is featuring them. So why shouldn’t I jump on this highly fashionable, highly cozy bandwagon? Fair Isle sweaters are traditionally knit and get their name from a tiny island north of Scotland where they first developed this technique. They seem to be most popular at ski resorts and in woodsy small town, but not anymore! I got a fabulous one retailing at $120 at A&F in February (but I got it at $15 because apparently they were having trouble getting people to buy them). I guess I’ll just consider myself to be ahead of the trends (at least for this anyway). Snuggle up with some cocoa and let these toasty cable knit threads warm you up!

D&G, Rag and Bone, Max Mara at fall 2010 runway


Old Navy's Fair-Isle Cardigan

No comments:

Post a Comment